Monday-Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sundays 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Step 1: Complete an Adoption Survey
Step 2: Meet our adoptable animals and find your perfect match.
Step 3: If it's a good fit, you can take your new pet home today!
If you're still unsure, consider the Sleepover Program or Breed Request.
Please note that all guidelines are in place to ensure the adoptable animals find the perfect match for their forever home. If you have a question regarding the below guidelines, please contact us at 504.368.5191.
- All adoptable animals must be spayed/neutered.
- If you have another animal at home, we ask that you provide us with proof of vaccinations, or Intact Permit if you live in Orleans Parish, within 10 days of adopting your new pet.
- A dog meet and greet may be required and is at the discretion of the Louisiana SPCA. Meet and greets are recommended for families with children under the age of 6.
- Pets in apartments/rented homes must have landlord/owner approval. Proof in the form of writing, rental agreement or a phone call is acceptable.
- Louisiana SPCA Animal Control will conduct post facility checks for certain breeds if you reside in Orleans Parish. Breeds include, but are not limited to, Pit Bull, Rottweiler, Doberman, German Shepherd, Akita and Husky.
- The Louisiana SPCA does permit out of state adoptions on a case-by-case basis.
- The Louisiana SPCA reserves the right to restrict adoptions based on, but not limited to, age of household members, single pet household and past pets. This is done to ensure the best environment for the adoptable animals and the best fit for potential adopters.
- The Louisiana SPCA does not allow the adoption of guard dogs. Guard dogs are those kept outside for the sole purpose of deterring strangers from approaching the property
- Cats cannot be de-clawed following adoption.
- We reserve the right to deny an adoption if we feel it is not in the animal's best interest.
Did you know the Louisiana SPCA adoption fees include the items below, valued at over $400?
- Canine DHPP and Bordetella vaccinations and feline DRTC vaccinations
- Rabies vaccination and license
- Feline leukemia/ FIV test
- Heartworm test
- Free VCA checkup in applicable zip codes.
Under 3 years:
Under 6 months: $150
- Less than 20 pounds: $150
- More than 20 pounds: $80
- Over 3 years: $80
- All ages: $80
- Second cat adopted in the same day: $40
- Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Rodent, Pocket Pets: $10
- Occasionally other species will be available for adoption and the prices may vary.
Check, cash, Visa, and MasterCard accepted.