The Louisiana SPCA is an equal opportunity employer and has a rich benefits program including medical benefits and 401K. To report any issues with the online application process, or for special assistance, please contact email@example.com.
Humane Law Enforcement Dispatcher
The Louisiana SPCA is currently seeking a dedicated person responsible for responding to citizens' calls for Humane Law Enforcement assistance and assigning requests to Officers on-duty. Additionally the position requires one to educate the public to be humane pet owners, and promote and support the Louisiana SPCA's programs and mission.
Duties and Requirements include:
- Assists citizens with interpretation and understanding of animal ordinances , department procedure, & responsible animal ownership
- Drive company vehicle as needed.
- Responds to telephone calls and emails regarding animal rescue, public safety and the enforcement of animal ordinances
- Maintains accurate logs, reports, and statistics of daily activity which will include input and updating call information.
- Assigns and dispatches calls to Humane Law Enforcement Officers (HLEO) and monitors HLEO safety while in the field
- Monitors and assigns follow-up calls to HLEO
- Represents the LA/SPCA and in a professional and courteous manner at all times
- Works courteously and cooperatively with other staff members and volunteers.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all cases and LA/SPCA information.Communication
- Keeps HLE Dispatch Supervisor informed of progress and potential conflicts.
- Maintain a professional and friendly demeanor and provides good customer service.
Essential Organization Functions:
- Educates public on humane pet care.
- Promote programs offered to the public by the LA/SPCA including adoptions, low cost spay/neuter, and special events.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all cases.
- Position is considered "Essential" in emergencies and/or disaster situations.
- Become certified in euthanasia and perform euthanasia upon request.
- Treat all animals humanely, properly, and with compassion at all times, regardless of the situation or circumstance and promoting a humane and caring attitude toward all animals.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and pre-employment physical and substance screening
- Team-focused attitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including clear telephone speaking voice and ability to relate information to the public and officers in a concise, clear manner.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills including basic clerical and data entry skills as well as math skills
- Ability to work weekends, nights, and holidays
- During hurricanes maintain a 24 hr. on call status.
- Mental and physical flexibility is a must.
- Should not be allergic to animals; must be able to work around all animals.
- Must be able to work with industrial strength cleaners and disinfectants.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds; push and pull heavy objects; bend, twist, reach; perform strenuous physical activities including frequent walking and running, standing, bending and stooping.
To apply: Complete online applicaion.